General control methodology
In designing the controls for Hippotizer, we have made some assumptions:
- Users will always have at least two-button mouse with scroll wheel
- A screen resolution of 1280 × 720 minimum, 1920 × 1080 or greater is ideal.
- A keyboard is present for naming and keyboard shortcuts though not critical.
General Zookeeper Shortcuts
- F1 Navigate to Mixes Page
- F2 Navigate to Viewports Page
- F3 Navigate to Visualiser
- F4 Navigate to Media Manager
- F5 Navigate to Output Manager
- F6 Navigate to Configuration Page
- Escape Toggle Home screen; returns to home screen if in a pinboard or navigates to previous page if in the home screen.
- CTRL+1-9 Navigates to quick launch screen 1-9.
- SHIFT holding shift while moving faders with the mouse makes changes 10x more fine.
The geometry controls have specific set of shortcuts in addition to SHIFT:
- X + Click and drag Locks geometry movement in the X-Axis
- Y + Click and drag Locks geometry movement in the Y-Axis
- CTRL + Click and drag Locks geometry movement to position (Indexed rotation)
- ALT + Click and drag Locks geometry movement to Zoom
- Spacebar Starts or stops selected timeline
- ALT enters insert mode to quickly add nodes or commands
- Scroll Wheel Navigate up and down the timeline
- Scroll Wheel Zoom in and out on the warp
- Scroll Wheel Zoom the selected shape
- CTRL + Click Move blur point
- CTRL + Scroll Wheel Zoom all blur points
Thanks for your feedback.