In order to output multi-channel audio, an outboard audio interface must be used.
Green Hippo recommends the Motu 828x USB interface as a tested, and readily available product. In order to install the Motu, it must be designated as the default device and configured correctly:
- Stop the Hippotizer Engine and Zookeeper
- Run the included Motu Driver installer.
- Goto: Hippotizer (C:) > Program Files(x86) > MOTU > Audio
- Open MOTU Audio Console.
- Change audio sample rate to 48k (not crucial but recommended).
- Untick “Use Stereo Pairs for Windows Audio” .
- Close MOTU Audio Console.
- Plug in your MOTU 828x USB cable.
- Goto: Control Panel > Sound
- Select MOTU Analog and click Set Default.
- Close Control Panel.
- Launch Hippotizer
Other Windows compliant multi-channel audio devices should also work, though we do not test them. In every case, the device must be designated as the default playback device before starting Hippotizer.