The Data Network is the ‘everything else’ connection.
What should be on the Data Network?
- DMX Control of HIppotizer over ArtNet
- Remote Management
- TCP or other remote control protocols
- Internet connections
- Pixelmapper output
- Remote wake-up / magic packets
Recommendations and best practice
- ArtNet and Pixelmapper can generate high volumes of Multicast and Broadcast traffic; switches that are capable of handling this is important in larger setups.
- Large pixel-mapping projects should try to use sACN instead of ArtNet due to better traffic handling.
- If connecting to the internet, ensure there is firewall protecting the network
Thanks for your feedback.