1. Be kind and welcoming; say hello to new users and feel free to invite others.
2. Be mindful that other users have different skills and experiences than yourself.
3. This is forum dedicated to live video production with regard to Green Hippo’s products. We may remove conversations that fall outside this scope.
4. Share what you know; but don’t forget this is a public forum. Do not post show names or pictures without permission.
5. Don’t be a jerk.
6. Give credit to your peers when you use their advice or reference their work.
7. Don’t try to sell your products or services.
8. Green Hippo staff moderate the forum daily; if there are any posts that we feel are offensive or in contravention of the above guide-lines we will delete them.
9. If you post lots of bad things, or are a troll, then we reserve the right to ban you from posting to this forum.
The Legal Stuff:
Opinions expressed within are not those of the Green Hippo or its administrators, and they accept no legal responsibility for their veracity or nature.
Green Hippo forum administrators. reserve the right to remove without notice any posting with or without cause.
Users understand that Green Hippo Ltd. would be unwilling to offer this service without this disclaimer, and that their use of this service constitutes acceptance of this disclaimer and its terms of service.
(1) Your User Account is expressly limited to you. It may not be shared, transferred or used by any other person. You bear sole responsibility for the use of your User Account and for keeping your password secure.
(2) If you are under the age of 18 or equivalent age of legal responsibility in your jurisdiction then you must obtain the permission of your parent or guardian to use this forum. Persons under the age of 13 are not permitted to access this forum.
(3) By participating in this forum you acknowledge that you may encounter material that you consider to be offensive. Green Hippo Ltd. and its administrators disclaim all responsibility for said material.
You agree not to:
* (a) attach files to messages that contain viruses or other software that may adversely affect the operation of another person’s computer.
* (b) use the forum to harass others.
* (c) use the forum to disseminate any inappropriate, defamatory, libellous, threatening, infringing, obscene, or unlawful material or information.
* (d) violate any copyright law, or other intellectual property law.
* (e) violate any criminal statute.
* (f) participate in a manner that you know to be contrary to the aims and purpose of this forum.
* (g) participate solely for the purpose of promoting products or services that are not relevant to the lighting industry or otherwise engage in inappropriate commercial activity using the forum.
* (h) impersonate any person or entity or falsely represent your affiliation with any person or entity.
* (i) promote the violation of this agreement.
The signature facility is provided to allow you as an individual to identify yourself in a consistent manner and provide contact details. While HTML is supported and links to small images are permissible, it should not be used to advertise companies, websites or services.
Your User Account may be terminated if the administrators at their sole discretion believe you have violated any of the terms of this Agreement or otherwise acted to disrupt the operation of the forum.
(4) As part of your User Account the Green Hippo Forum holds some of your personal information that you actively submit such as name and email address and other personal information you may optionally submit as part of your preferences. The Green Hippo Forum also retains information collected passively such as the pages you have visited and the IP address from which you accessed the forum.
The Green Hippo Forum may write and read files known as ‘Cookies’ on your computer. Cookie files can only be read by the website that creates them and within this cookie file is stored information about your user preferences in order to make your viewing of the Green Hippo Forum more enjoyable.
Any optional information that you actively supply within the user profile section of the Green Hippo Forum is made freely available for viewing by all other users and guests of the Green Hippo Forum.
Your email address may be used to contact you with information that the administrators consider to be important regarding the Green Hippo Forum, or that you have requested to receive through your preferences. Green Hippo support may also contact you using your email address if deemed appropriate.
However, at its sole discretion and especially in cases of abusive, libellous, illegal, and/or malicious behaviour on the part of a user, the Green Hippo Forum may release certain user information to appropriate parties when directed by law, or for other such legitimate reasons to be determined on a case-by-case basis solely at the discretion of the administrators of the Green Hippo Forum.
(5) The Green Hippo Forum does not endorse, and specifically disclaims any responsibility or liability for, any content within the forum. The Green Hippo Forum makes no representations about the reliability of services provided by the Green Hippo Forum or by any third party provider, and disclaims all liability in the event of any service failure. You acknowledge that any reliance on said material and/or systems will be at your own risk. The Green Hippo Forum makes no representations regarding the amount of time that any content within the forum will be preserved.
(6) By posting in the forum, or otherwise creating any other content (excluding private email communication), you will be deemed to have granted the Green Hippo Forum and Green Hippo Ltd. perpetual, non-exclusive permission to redistribute by transmission the information or materials worldwide without charge or liability.
(7) You maintain a copyright (whether stated or not) on any copyrighted original material you post, to the extent allowed by law.
(8) You participate in the Green Hippo Forum at your own risk. If you are unhappy with the contents and/or operation of the Green Hippo Forum your only recourse is to contact the administrators. If you are dissatisfied with any feature, operability, contents, this agreement, other agreements the Green Hippo Forum imposes as a condition of usage, or any other component of the Green Hippo Forum web site, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of Green Hippo Forum services.
(10) The Green Hippo Forum is provided as a free service to its users. It is provided on an “As is, as available” basis, and no warranties, express or implied, are made with respect to the Green Hippo Forum or any information or software therein. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Green Hippo Forum or its administrators be liable for any incidental or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Green Hippo Forum. Nor shall they be responsible for any damages whatsoever that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure or performance whether or not caused by events beyond their reasonable control.
(11) You acknowledge that the Green Hippo Forum has the right to delete any messages, files, or any other content that you may have uploaded which have not been accessed for some period of time and is deemed to be abandoned, or any materials that violate the terms of this or any other binding agreement.
(12) You agree to indemnify and hold the Green Hippo Forum and its administrators harmless from any claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement, including any abusive or unlawful behaviour on the part of you or your dependents, or the infringement of any intellectual property or privacy right of any person.
You shall remain solely liable for the Content you upload or transmit to the forum. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Green Hippo Forum and its administrators from any claim, action, demand, loss, expense or damages (including attorneys’ fees) made or incurred by any third party arising out of or relating to your conduct, your violation of these terms and conditions, or your violation of any rights of a third party. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release the Green Hippo Forum and its administrators from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
(13) This Agreement will be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
(14) In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
(15) Failure to insist upon or enforce or to exercise any right under this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of the right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance, and the same shall be and remain in full force and effect. In the event that any published statements, other agreements, or other official policies may conflict with any of the terms contained in this document (Terms of Service) the terms of this document shall govern.
To report any abuse of these terms of service please contact: email@example.com