Green Hippo is seeking to add to its London based Product Team by hiring a Support Technician.
Green Hippo’s Hippotizer product line is an industry leading media server used to drive video on some of the largest live events and installations worldwide including the Super Bowl Half time show and Britain’s Got Talent and KAOS nightclub at the Palms Casino.
Reporting to the Support Manager, the Product Support Technician will work directly with users through phone, email and remote support to troubleshoot issues and offer solutions.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment and enjoy the challenge of solving hardware and software problems. Training will be provided on Green Hippo products as needed.
The following is essential to thrive in this role:
- A passion for supporting our customers and delivering timely solutions: the show must go on.
- Willingness to learn about not only our Product and the inner workings of Windows based PCs, but the equipment that our customers often use. (Such as Lighting Desks and Video Switchers)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Be comfortable working in web-based applications such as Office 365 and Microsoft Teams.
- Legal ability to work in the UK.
The following would be beneficial for this role:
- Experience in the live-events industry
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Lua
This is not an IT help desk position: there are no decision trees or scripts to read. Our users are video professionals pushing the boundaries of what is possible technically and creatively. The Product Support Technician is often the first person that a user will talk to at Green Hippo, who must be able to quickly understand a complex problem and often engage with the entire product team to find a solution.
Green Hippo is a casual and fun working environment. We offer the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay and End of Year Bonus based on performance
• Lunch provided daily
To apply, please submit your resume at email@example.com.